In this inaugural episode, co-hosts Mike Freeman and Tyler Goold launch the Richest Men in Town podcast with personal introductions and an overview of what listeners can expect from the program.
- Steve Harvey’s (not Steve Perry-of Journey fame) story of his friend’s grandmother as shared on Oprah Winfrey Network
Who said it…
- Marianne Williamson:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
- Viktor Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning quote:
“Don’t aim at success, the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it comes as the unintended side effect on one’s dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one’s surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and same holds for success; you have to let it happen by not caring about it. Listen to what your conscience commands you to do and go on to carry it out the best you can.”
- Shawn Achor: The Happy Secret to Better Work
- Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- Mike and Tyler are both members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you would like to learn more about the Church or their beliefs, we invite you to check out to click here.
Join the discussion