In This Episode:
Tyler and Mike catch up and talk about transition, truth, and timing. The takeaways for listeners is a short list: Want it, do the work to find answers, do your job, and endure it well. Class dismissed.
Who Said It…
- “Water, water, everywhere, Nor any drop to drink,” many today lament, “Data, data, everywhere, and not a thought to think.”
- Elder Neal A. Maxwell once observed, sometimes “we can’t make it all add up because clearly we do not have all the numbers.”
- “And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.
Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.
And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.” –Enos 1:2-4
- “The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” -Joseph Smith
- “For want of a nail, the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of the knight, the battle was lost. For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost. The kingdom was lost for the want of a nail.” -Old Proverb
- “The idea of duty is a simple one. We all have a job to do in life. Whether that job is serving customers in a restaurant, taking care of our family, teaching our children, policing our cities, caring for the ill and infirm…we must do our job to the best of our ability. We must do our job well, not because it serves our interests, but because it serves the interests of others.” -Admiral William H. McRaven
- Jim Rome’s “Reinvention Project” Podcast
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- “The Pursuit of all Truth” by Kevin Worthen
- “Remember” by Jeffrey R. Holland
- Pilate’s response to Jesus, “What is truth?” in John 18
- Brother of Jared account in Ether 3 of The Book of Mormon
- King Lamoni’s Father experience in The Book of Mormon in Alma 22
- Patriarchal Blessings
- Hero Code by Admiral William H. McRaven
- Doctrine & Covenants 121
- Alma 5:26
Join the discussion