In this episode…
This week, the guys welcome Dr. Nate Ward to the Richest Men In Town podcast. In the conversation, Nate lets the guys in on so many things that are happening in his rich life up in Idaho. Nate recently made a dramatic shift in his professional life, leaving a successful medical clinic practice to work the telemed angle from home. Nate shares the thoughts and feelings that went into that decision along with some insight on so many topics, including:
- Blessings of #girldad
- Mariners baseball
- Tractors and backyard baseball fields
- Purpose of sport
- Betting on strengths
- Taking control of your life
Who said it…
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Marianne Williamson
- “The Man In The Glass”
When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.
For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.
He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.
-Peter Dale Wimbrow Sr.
- Tractor Time with Tim
- Silent Library
- Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Richard Sherman in 2013 NFC Championship Game
- Malcolm Butler Interception in Super Bowl XLIX
- 2001 Seattle Mariners most wins in a MLB season
- Field of Dreams (1989)