In this episode…
Tyler and Mike sit down with Tyler and Mike and tackle the weighty matter of forgiveness. Specifically, the guys talk about that wave of guilt that washes over someone when they really mess up and how someone goes about fixing things. They also reflect on the need to address grievances and offenses sooner than later. It’s a shot of vulnerability for the guys but what comes out of it is powerful and relevant to everyone because, after all, everyone’s go a side yard…
Who said it…
- The end of Dickens’ Christmas Carol:
“Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.
He had no further intercourse with Spirits, but lived upon the Total Abstinence Principle, ever afterwards; and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!”
- “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.” -Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Mike & The Mechanics “The Living Years”
- Jeffrey R. Holland’s talk “Remember Lot’s Wife”
- Corrie Ten Boom’s experience with forgiveness of a Nazi prison guard
- Thomas S. Monson’s talk “Hidden Wedges”
- The Only Leaders Worth Following by Tim Spiker
- “The Most Important Commandment” blog post
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Jennifer Gonzalez “Cult of Pedagogy” Blog
- Check us out on our Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- Mike and Tyler are both members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you would like to learn more about the Church or their beliefs, we invite you to check it out by clicking here.
Join the discussion