In this episode…
This week, Tyler and Mike head out (via Zoom) to Florida to catch up with Keiffer Marino to learn more about his “rich life” as a husband, father, son, career Navy officer, friend, coach…Keifer teaches the guys so many lessons on topics that include:
- Looking back with the right lens
- Faith to repent and change
- Hearing the call to be better
Who said it…
- “For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?” –Book of Mormon, Mosiah 5:13
- “And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!” –Book of Mormon, Alma 36: 17-21
- “Bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love.” –Book of Mormon, Alma 38: 12
- “Brightly Beams Our Father’s Mercy”
- Khalil Gibran “Your Children”
- Teacher Who Died of COVID 19 Was Loved by His Students
- Going Through the Unimaginable from Hamilton
- Chapter 24 of East of Eden
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro with Kyle Maynard
- Final Frontier: “We Are Our Pain”
- Father dealing with the accidental death of his son
- 1776 by David McCullough
- Jefferson’s War by Joseph Wheelan