In this episode…
The guys catch up with a friend of Tyler’s, Jason Rogers. Jason shares his life and where his hustle and vision comes from. The guys talk about influence, not the fleeting and vain social media influencer kind, but the transformative and the “be legendary” kind. Jason honors his grandparents, his parents, his wife, and his crew and in their time together the guys get a sense of Jason’s journey from insecurity and fear to faith and legacy.
They Said It…
- “If you were to select just two or three individuals in your life who have been most influential, what specifically did they do that was most helpful to you at a critical or important moment in your life? On reflecting for a few moments, you are apt to conclude that such a person really cared for you, that he or she taught you something you needed to know. Reflect now on your own performance.” -Spencer W. Kimball
- “Don’t aim at success. The more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side effect of one’s personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one’s surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it.” -Viktor E. Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” -Pablo Picasso
- “Don’t just ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive. Because what the world needs are people who are fully alive.” -Howard Thurman to Martin Luther King Jr.
- Monty Williams’ press conference after losing Game 6 of the NBA Finals to the Milwaukee Bucks
- Monty Williams’ visit to the winning team’s locker room to congratulate the Bucks on their NBA Championship
- And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me. –Alma 29:10
- Kobe Bryant’s advice “Be legendary” to Devin Booker
- “By Your Side” by Tenth Avenue North
- “As a Child” by Henry B. Eyring
- The Power of Starting Something Stupid by Richie Norton
- Holy Smokes podcast by Kristian Smith