In This Episode:
Tyler and Mike have the special treat to sit down with Derick Anderson. Derick humbly accepted the invitation to join the guys and he did not disappoint as he lets everyone in on his rich life. In his time in the RMIT hot seat, Derick takes listeners through a journey of overcoming, of decisions that shift his direction, and of a faith that makes weak things strong. He honors those that get down and dirty to help him through things and he rejoices in the blessings that he has received as he does the work. You are not going to want to miss a second of this one. Right when you think you know where the story is going, a hinge moment comes and changes everything. Mr. Anderson, you keep going brother. Thanks for showing up and telling your story.
Who Said It…
- “When we see a crack in the wall of our home, our first reaction may be to patch it up. Something similar happens in our life; when a problem springs up in a relationship, our finances, our spiritual life, our parenting etc. we do our best to fix the crack. But often, after a period of time, the problem reappears. This is because our surface level problems tend to be rooted in deeper problems hidden from our view. We miss that the crack in the wall that keeps showing up isn’t a wall problem, it’s a problem with the foundation. Your personal foundation is composed of things like your mindset, your beliefs, your stories about the world, and your stories about yourself. If you want to make meaningful change in your life, focus on fixing your foundation – not the crack in the wall.” -Steven Lawson, Founder of Monk Manual
- “Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.” -Archimedes
- “He who would do great things should not attempt them alone.” -Seneca
- Fit Father Project
- Dunkin’ Donuts “Time to Make the Donuts”
- 12 Steps of Addiction Recovery
- The Prodigal Son in Luke 15: 11-32
- Jesus Christ calming the storms in Matthew 14
- Lost piece of silver parable in Luke 15:8
- House built on the sand reference in Matthew 7:26
- Derick’s church, The Stirring in Redding, CA.
- Groundhog Day