In this episode, Mike and Tyler take some of their own medicine and answer some of the questions that they will be asking guests on the program. A few of the questions include:
- Everybody’s dealing. How do you deal?
- Can you name something that you have learned in life “the hard way”?
- On the RMIT program, we always talk about life turning on “tiny hinges”. Can you think of a “tiny hinge” moment where one seemingly small thing happened that changed everything for you?
Listen as the hosts of the program open up to their listeners in anticipation of learning powerful “rich life lessons” from upcoming guests.
Who said it…
- “The purpose of the gospel is … to make bad men good and good men better, and to change human nature.”—President David O. McKay, in the film Every Member a Missionary, as quoted by Elder Franklin D. Richards in Conference Report, Oct. 1965
- “I have been thinking recently about choices and their consequences. It has been said that the gate of history turns on small hinges, and so do people’s lives. The choices we make determine our destiny.”—President Thomas S. Monson, “Choose You This Day”, General Conference, October 2004
- “We only learn through pain”-said everyone on the Internet so it must be true.
- “That which we persist in doing becomes easier—not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The Lord loves effort” Russell M. Nelson quoted in “An Especially Noble Calling”-Joy D. Jones
- “Lord I Believe”-Jeffrey R. Holland
- Ether 3-“Touch these stones”
- Parable of the Ten Virgins
- Millenium Falcon Hyperdrive (not “Warp Speed”-Mike!) Failure
- Millenials…this is a rolodex
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s “Letter From A Birmingham Jail” re: purpose of tension
- The correct quote (Mike!) is “Friend, go up higher” and the reference is Luke 14:10 (KJV)
- Van Halen “Right Now”
- Mike and Tyler are both members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you would like to learn more about the Church or their beliefs, we invite you to check out to click here.