In this episode…
The guys sit down this week with Dr. Carol Wertz and everyone on board makes the journey along with Carol, from the quintessential small farming town lifestyle in Michigan to teaching English as a Second Language all over the world. Carol lets Tyler and Mike in on her “rich life”, the unbelievable highs and the gut-punching lows. Through it all, Carol stays true to the time-tested values taught to her as a little girl and her Christian faith sees her through some amazing challenges. Living her mission statement of “Grow, Learn, Love, and Serve” she shares the legacy behind her and the legacy that she is laying down for those fortunate to know her.
Who said it…
- “Absorb yourself in a magnificent challenge.” -Tommy Caldwell
- “The best of us aren’t too good.” -Wilford Woodruff
- “Things turn out best for folks who make the best of the way things turn out.” -John Wooden
- “How you are in this moment in history is really important and all of that small stuff really matters. All of the big things we are longing for are only made up of a lot of small, personal, radical choices.” -Adrienne Marie Brown
- “Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?” -T.S. Eliot
- “You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.” -Dr. Seuss
- “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our attitudes.” -Charles Swindoll
- The Dawn Wall
- We’re Not Really Strangers
- 1 Nephi 17 from The Book of Mormon
- Luke 2: 52…”And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.”
- Shasta College
- National University
- Simpson University
- Psalms 18
- Psalms 33
- To learn more about Carol and her work, check out her website at everymomentalearningmoment.com. You can also reach out to her via her email address at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out our website or visit us on our Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- Mike and Tyler are both members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If you would like to learn more about the Church or their beliefs, we invite you to check it out by clicking here.
Join the discussion